Before travelling to the Republic of Serbia, please check here whether you need a visa.
Visa applications should be submitted to the Embassy or Consulate General of the Republic of Serbia abroad.
Types of visas issued in diplomatic and consular missions:
- short stay visa (visa C)
- long stay visa (visa D)
VISA C (visa for a stay of up to 90 days)
Visa for a short stay is issued for tourist, business and other travel, for one, two or more entries into the Republic of Serbia. Continuous residence of an alien with a short stay visa, or a total length of consecutive stays, can not exceed 90 days within a period of six months from the date of first entry. Visa for a short stay with multiple entries shall be issued with a validity period of up to one year.
VISA D (Long-term visa)
Long-term visa is a permission to enter and stay in the territory of the Republic of Serbia between 90 and 180 days.
Visa D is issued to a foreigner who, in accordance with the visa regime for entry into the Republic of Serbia requires a visa, and who in the Republic of Serbia intends to apply for a temporary stay.
A foreigner who enters the Republic of Serbia without a visa, on the basis of the Decision on visa free entry to the Republic of Serbia for holders of foreign passports having a valid Schengen, UK and other Member States’ visa, or visa of the United States of America, and for holders of foreign passports having residence permit in the countries of the Schengen area, EU or the United States of America, can not apply for temporary residence in Serbia. It is necessary to apply for a D visa (long-term visa) which enables the regulation of temporary stay upon arrival in Serbia.
General visa requirements:
- Valid passport (passport must be valid at least 90 days from issue date of visa)
- Letter of invitation:
- for a private visit – invitation letter certified by the relevant authority of the Republic of Serbia
- for a business visit – invitation letter by a company in Serbia;
- for a tourist trip – a proof of payment for the trip issued by a travel agency (voucher or other type of payment receipt);
- Completed visa application form: (PDF) ;
- Photo (size 3.5x4.5cm);
- Return ticket or Itinerary (copy of Driving License and Insurance if you travel by car);
- Proof of sufficient funds for staying in Serbia;
- Health insurance
- Visa fee.
For the issuance of a transit visa, you should have an entry visa for the country you are entering after the Republic of Serbia. In case a visa is not required for that country, you will be asked to present other documents explaining the purpose of your visit there.
Diplomatic-consular mission of the Republic of Serbia reserves the right to request additional documentation. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For more information regarding the issuance of visa, please contact the nearest diplomatic-consular mission of the Republic of Serbia.
Reasons for stay in Serbia and required documents:
- employment contract, work contract, business and technical cooperation agreement, sports engagement or other document proving the work engagement of a foreign citizen in the Republic of Serbia;
- certificate of the registration of a legal entity, business entity, sports club or association or entrepreneur in the Republic of Serbia.
EDUCATION, SPECIALIZATION, SCIENTIFIC-RESEARCH WORK, PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE:
- certificate of enrollment in an educational institution. In the case of scientific-research an signed contract with a scientific-research organization;
- a copy of the registration of an educational institution as a legal entity in the Republic of Serbia.
- when the spouse is a citizen of the Republic of Serbia: a marriage certificate issued by a competent authority of the Republic of Serbia, not older than six months;
- In the case of extramarital communion with a citizen of the Republic of Serbia: certificate of free marital status, statements of extra-marital partners and notarized statements of two witnesses regarding the partner's communion, proof of the joint address of the residence, if they have a joint child - birth certificate of the child.
- certificate of registration of a church or religious community in the Republic of Serbia;
- an employment contract or a letter from a church or religious community confirming that an alien is engaged as a priest or religious official.
MEDICAL TREATMENT OR CARE:
- a letter from the health institution in the Republic of Serbia stating the place and the necessary period of treatment;
- a decision on the registration of a health institution in the Republic of Serbia;
- a decision on the registration of a social care institution in the Republic of Serbia.
OWNERSHIP ON THE REAL ESTATE:
- excerpt from the list of real estate property (title, deed);
- a certified sales contract or a gift contract;
- a probate certificate or a court inheritance order.