The long tradition of friendly bilateral relations between Serbia and Mexico is characterized by the absence of open issues and close positions in all areas of cooperation, bilateral and multilateral.
The then First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Serbia I. Dačić visited Mexico in July 2018 (The Pacific Alliance Ministerial Meeting in Puerto Vallarta) and in August 2015 (Conference of the State Parties to the Arms Trade Treaty).
On 1 December 2012, the then Prime Minister Ivica Dačić, in his capacity as the special envoy of the President of the Republic of Serbia, attended the inauguration ceremony of the former President of Mexico, Enrique Peña Nieto.
The then Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs of Mexico P. Espinosa attended the jubilee Ministerial Meeting of the Non-Aligned Movement, held in September 2011 in Belgrade.
In 2020, 30 million 908 thousand euros of exports and 43 million 573 thousand euros of imports were recorded. In 2019, 28 million 663 thousand euros of exports and 45 million 853 thousand euros of imports were recorded.
When it comes to investments, Mexico is present in Serbia indirectly, through the share of Telekom Austria (a subsidiary of América Móvil, entrepreneur Carlos Slim from Mexico) in the mobile provider VIP.
- Trade Convention between the FPRY and the United Mexican States, signed on 17 March 1950 (The Official Gazette of the Presidium of the National Assembly No.1/1950);
- Agreement on Scientific and Technical Cooperation between the Government of the SFRY and the Government of the United Mexican States, signed on 13 February 1974 (The Official Gazette No.43/1976, Appendix);
- Exchange of letters between the Ministers of Foreign Affairs of FR Yugoslavia and Mexico on the succession of bilateral agreements (10 December 2002);
- Agreement between Serbia and Montenegro and the United Mexican States on the abolition of visas for holders of diplomatic and official passports, (The Official Gazette of Serbia and Montenegro, International treaties, No.3/2004);
- greement on educational, cultural and sports cooperation, signed on 19 June 2020.
The Embassy of the Republic of Serbia in Mexico City: http://www.mexico.mfa.gov.rs.
The Embassy of the United Mexican States in Belgrade: https://embamex.sre.gob.mx/serbia/
Contact in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Department of North and South America (DNSA); tel. 00 381 (0) 11 30 68 762; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.